Gorgias Press is pleased to announce that applications may now be submitted for the Gorgias Book Grant. Every year, Gorgias chooses two graduate students to receive an award of $500 worth of Gorgias titles (each) for demonstrating excellence in their fields.
2015-2016 Grant Field: Any field within the scope of Gorgias Publications
Application Deadline April 6, 2016
Grant Date May 6, 2016
1. Candidate must be enrolled in a graduate program (Master's or Ph.D.) in an accredited university or an institution of learning in the field of the grant.
2. Candidate must have the equivalent of a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
To apply, please email the following to Jeff Haines mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. A letter indicating your interests in your field and plans for the future.
2. A two-page description of your thesis, or a one-page description of your course work in the case of course-based programs.
Send the following items by mail to: Gorgias Press LLC, Book Grants Program, 954 River Rd., Piscataway, NJ 08854.
3. Official transcripts of the previous 2 years of university education. If the institutions you come from do not give out transcripts, please contact us to make alternative arrangements to satisfy this requirement.
4. Two letters of recommendations from professors familiar with your work (one must be your current supervisor in the field of the grant).
Please bear in mind that all documents, except for official transcripts, should be in English.
In order to be considered for the grant, please submit all documents by April 6 (snail-mail documents should be postmarked by the due date). We’ll announce the lucky winners at the beginning of May.
To view the Book Grant website, click here: http://gorgiaspress.com/bookshop/t-grants.aspx